An instantaneous water heater is truly a big investment for your home. It’s not a cheap appliance that you should just install, use and neglect. You might wonder why people still buy this kind of heating system even when the price isn’t very affordable for the masses. Well, for one thing, it saves a lot of money on operational cost. Since it only produces hot water by demand, it uses less energy. It’s also great for people who want to keep their basements spacious because the system doesn’t have a bulky tank. Last not but the least, when it is taken care of properly, it can last for about 25 years. It sounds very durable, right? With this said, let us share with you some tips on proper tankless water heater care and maintenance.
1. Watch out for the accumulation of mineral deposits on your hot water heater because such buildup may cause your system to overheat. You can prevent this by attaching a water softener to your water source which will be responsible for decreasing the level of calcium or lime accumulation.
2. Flush your instantaneous water heater once every 6 months or annually. You can either do this by yourself or you may ask a professional to do it for you to ensure that no problem will arise later.
3. To avoid freezing your system during cold weather, make sure that its anti-freeze feature is working properly.
4. If you use your clothes washer or dishwasher often, it is wise to just have a separate demand water heater installed for these appliances. This way, even if you use them at the same time as someone is taking a shower, the water heater won’t be pushed to its limit. The only issue is that you would have to shell out money on another heating system.
5. If you have a faucet or shower that doesn’t let out water well, check them. It’s possible that sediments have already accumulated in the shower head or aerator. Once you confirm this, clean them up and you may want to check on your water softener again.
We hope that you found these maintenance tips useful. Should you need water heater service in California, there’s no need to find the best Copperopolis plumbing experts in Calaveras County! Just call us at Plumbers 911 California! We provide top-notch Copperopolis CA plumbing services including septic tank care, kitchen plumbing appliance installation and many more! Reach us at 800-731-1139!
Want to learn how to clean a tankless hot water heater? Watch this video!
Instantaneous Water Heater Care & Maintenance Tips first appeared on http://ift.tt/1eVOPvR.